Monday, January 26, 2009

Pure Entertainment

I can't believe we are almost one month into the new year! I started looking over the past few weeks, trying to figure out where the time went. In reflection I decided that my life has been purely entertainment lately. I don't know how I got so lucky but I have highly enjoyed myself! I thought I would share some highlights:

It is never a dull moment in the Hansen house. Carter (the youngest brother, age 9) split his forehead open last night, OUCH! He hit it on the edge of his bed frame and while the sight of blood and sounds of screaming was scary at first, Carter is just fine. On the drive over to get it stitched up he said, "Good thing my brains aren't oozing out and I would loose all my smartness"...We LOVE "Carterisms".



I spent New Year's Eve at F1 Raceway and while I didn't drive the cars, I had a blast! My girlfriends & I danced the night away. PLUS I bought these beautiful shoes midnight blue patent leather Antonio Milani heels on sale to wear to the event. Needless to say , it was a great night!


As a Christmas present, my amazing friend Kourtney gave me two COURT SIDE SEATS to the Phoenix Suns! Talk about a dream come true! Dan and I couldn't stop taking pictures to document the once in a lifetime experience.
My friend Allan decided to take a couple of us repelling near the Salt River. I had done it a few times before but it was still a little unnerving. The rush afterwards is way worth it! My poor friend Alyssa accidentally got stuck upside down while repelling off the mountain, scary in the moment, hilarious after. Taylor got lost trying to get back up to the top of the cliff we were repelling. Which is only funny if you know Taylor and her hiking stories, love it! Allan repelled down for the last time and broke his angle on the landing. He has a very high pain tolerance!
I went and saw The Lion King, the musical, at ASU Gammage. I was in awe. The costumes were unbelievable. I just kept wondering how someone ever came up with such imaginative ideas. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. I am so glad I got to go, it has always been one that I have wanted to see. Thank you Dan! :)



A few of my guy friends took Alyssa and I shooting. It was a lot of fun shooting their guns and wearing the fun ear covers and eye goggles. I decided that the next time I go shooting, I am wearing high heels. Double the power, double the fun. :)

The past few weeks I have learned how to long board, bought a new phone, started a new round of classes, hiked Squaw Peak at sunset (gorgeous panoramic view), played croquet (for the first time in at least 5 years), fallen in love with almond butter with chocolate, designed Kayla's bridal shower invitations, beat the high score in Wii Fit Hoola Hooping, bought lots of new sheet music at Milano's, rock climbed, seen the Joseph Smith movie, done baptisms at the temple, had dinners with family and friends, and enjoyed myself thoroughly.
I am so grateful for all the exciting and new things I am able to do. Sometimes we spend so much time worrying about the past, the future, the what ifs, the negatives, that we never realize the joy that is around us.
I get it now, these are the best days of my life.

2 comments:

Kourtney said...

I LOVE your new blog layout! Way to use you down time wisely... and giving me something to do during class to fill your void!! =) Come back!!

erin said...

Wow - it sounds like you have a had a very fun filled month!