Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Best Way To Spread Christmas Cheer...

Christmas is fast approaching (my neighbor's countdown clock outside says 1 day 14 hours and 1 minute left to go, to be exact)! I was sitting at work today discussing with my coworkers how they feel they have hardly enjoyed the holiday season. Looking back in the last month I realized I have most definitely celebrated Christmas thus far.

In the beginning of the month, as part of family tradition, my family went to As You Wish and painted Christmas ornaments! We get really really into it, especially Dad! These are our ornaments! Blake painted the white ball with a poinsettia flower on it all by free hand! I painted the blue ball with snowflakes on it. Carter (sort of) painted the penguin with some help. Tyler painted the Snowman and my Dad painted the Santa.... and what happened to Momma's??? Sadly it was broken in the kiln! She is just way to busy to go over and paint another one, understandable.

In the spirit of Christmas, I also went over to a friend's house and decorated Christmas cookies! My friend Caley sat next to me and ate all the one's I deemed as "ugly"...thank goodness for Caley. I was pretty happy with the cookies I decorated... my tummy was even happier!



I couldn't pass up the chance to make gingerbread houses with friends. David, Caley, and I got together and "built" gingerbread houses....we didn't last very long. Smashing them ended up being way more fun..... smearing it on each other was even MORE fun! Check out the mess we made! No worries Mom, we cleaned it up for you, you would never know we were even there!








Christmas has been well celebrated in my book. I have seen the zoo lights, had PLENTY of hot chocolate, and gone on several rides with my best friend, Jenny, to look at Christmas lights. I have decorated a Christmas tree, seen the temple lights, sung at the temple, watched my mom sing at the temple, directed the my ward's Christmas program and choir. I have gone to ward Christmas parties, done my shopping, and wrapped my presents. Now all that is left are the Christmas festivities themselves.

I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. May it be filled with as much love, friendship, family, spirit, and joy as mine has been. All of my love to you this season and always.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hahaha, LOVE that picture of you and Caley!! Looks like you had a great Christmas Kenzie! I didn't even know you had a blog, but so glad you do--it's a fun one! :)