Saturday, November 8, 2008

I DID IT!

HOORAY!!!! I FINALLY did it! I designed my own blog!!! I first started reading blogs when my relatives and other family friends started posting about their lives and their kids. Apparently its the "cool thing to do" when you get married ( yes, YIKES, I have married friends!). I wasn't planning on getting a blog until I noticed everyone's cute designs. I have a love for designing things on my computer. I set out to learn how to design a blog layout. Well after about a week of tweeking and fiddeling... I DID IT! This is my blog design and I am well on my way to designing more blog layouts and headers. If any of you want me to design one for you... just let me know! I have a BRAND new hobby now and I am in LOVE :)

8 comments:

Kourtney said...

OH MY GOSH!! I am so proud of you! Your blog is so SO cute! I know how badly you wanted to do this and how long you have worked on it - to make it all your own! You are A-MAZING!! Love it!!!!

erin said...

Hey girl, Hey. I love your page! Its sooo adroabel. I am pretty much, uh envious of your skills? I know envy is wrong. But man, I have to admit you have mad blog design skills

Blair said...

I'm pretty sure Kate wants one. It would be nice to have one without the stupid "cutest blog on the block" ad on it.

Katrina said...

Ooh, pick me! Pick me! If you're serious about designing blog headings and backgrounds, I would love your help! I also want the details on how you managed to make this--it looks great! I've been wanting to make my own header but haven't had enough time to figure out where to start. Any tips?

smartquacker said...

You did a great job!

McKenzie Hansen Mortensen said...

Thanks everyone! You are all so nice! I probably should have been studying when I did this but thats ok!

Aunt Kate,

Its actually pretty easy. In order to make a header, start with a canvas that is 650 pixels wide and 325 pixels tall. I use a program called Paint.Net, its just a spoof off of Adobe Photoshop. You can put whatever you want in the box. When you're finished, just go to your layout and edit your header. Select it to shrink to size and put it in place of the blog description and you are all set! If you do want me to make you a layout, just let me know and I can send you some things to pick out of for ideas. If you want to learn for yourself I would be more than happy to teach you! Hope you are doing well! Love you! Give kisses to Ella for me!

AmberlyGreen said...

Yeah! Can't wait to read about all your fun adventures. Blog looks GREAT! Miss you guys.

Courtney's Corner of the World said...

YAY!!! welcome to the blogging world!!! you should check out Amy Scerra's blog... it's UBER cute!!! Hvae a great weekend!!